Вставте артиклі a, (an) або the. Перекладіть речення.
Перепишіть речення, починаючи з підкреслених слів та утворюючи з ними присвійний відмінок. Перекладіть речення.
Заповніть пропуски необхідними за змістом модальними дієсловами (can, needn't, must). Перекладіть речення.
Перепишіть речення, поставивши дієслово в пасивному стані. Перекладіть речення.
Розкрийте дужки і поставте дієслово у дужках в потрібному часі групи Perfect. Перекладіть речення.
Перепишіть і перекладіть письмово 1-3 абзаци тексту. Пояснення до тексту:
Inventor – винахідник
Forward-looking – далекоглядний
Industrialist – промисловець concern - турбота
To manage – змогти, зуміти (тут)
Will – заповіт
Skilful – вправний, досвідчений
To provide – забезпечити
1. Alfred Nobel, the great Swedish inventor and industrialist, was a man of many contrasts. He was a son of a bankrupt, but became a millionaire; a scientist with a love to literature; an industrialist who managed to remain an idealist. He invented a new explosive, dynamite to improve the peacetime industries of mining and road building, but saw it used as a weapon of war to kill and injure people. During his useful life he often felt he was useless. World famous for his works he was never personally well-known.
2. He was born in Stockholm on October 21, 1833 but moved to Russia with his parents in 1842. In 1859 most of the family returned to Sweden, where Alfred rejoined it in 1863, beginning his own study of explosives in his father's laboratory.
3. Не had never been to school or university but had studied privately and by the time he was twenty he was a skilful chemist and excellent linguist, speaking Swedish, Russian, German, French and English. Like his father Nobel was imaginative, but he had better luck in business. His greatness was in his outstanding ability to combine the qualities of an original scientist with those of a forward-looking industrialist.
4. But Nobel's main concern was never with making money or even with making scientific discoveries. Seldom happy, he was always searching for a meaning of life and from his youth took a serious interest in literature and philosophy.
5. His greatest wish was to see an end of wars, and thus peace between nations, and he spent much time and money working for this course until his death in Italy in 1896. His famous will, in which he left money to provide prizes for outstanding work in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology, Medicine, Literature and Peace, is a memorial to his interests and ideals.
Прочитайте 4-5 абзаци тексту та дайте відповіді на запитання.
1.What subjects did Nobel take interest in?
2. How did Nobel spend his time and money?
3. Who did Nobel leave his money to?